Here is another Halloween pattern, a little vampire bat! Easy and perfect for beginners, it doesn’t take long to make, but is still very cute!
You will need:
– Worsted 4/medium black, or charcoal yarn
– 2.75mm crochet hook
– Felt, black, red and white
– *Goggly eyes
– glue gun, or fabric glue
– Fiberfill for stuffing
– Yarn needle
– Rnd = rnd
– sc = single crochet
– inc = increase
– dec = decrease
– st = stitch
With black or charcoal yarn, make a magic ring
Rnd 1: 6 sc in center of the ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around (12)
Rnd 3: [1 sc, inc] 6 times (18)
Rnd 4: [2 sc, inc] 6 times (24)
Rnd 5: [3 sc, inc] 6 times (30)
rnd 6 to 8: 1 sc in each st around (30)
Rnd 9: [3 sc, dec] 6 times (24)
Rnd 10: [2 sc, dec] 6 times (18)
Start stuffing and continue as you go
Rnd 11: [1 sc, dec] 6 times (12)
Rnd 12: dec 6 times around (6)
Fasten off, embroider yarn in rest of the stitches to close the hole.
– Cut 2 circles in red felt, and glue on the body. Glue the goggly eyes on the felt.
– Cut 2 triangles in black felt to make the ears. Fold and glue the bottom extremity together. Glue to the ears to the head.
– Cut the pieces of black felt and shape them as bat wings. Glue the extremities to the back of the bat.
– Cut 2 triangles with white felt and glue them at mouth level. These teeth are sharp! 😛
Voila! Quick and easy, your cute Halloween bat is done! You can use a piece of yarn or embroidery thread to hang it. You can make several bats of different colors, have fun with the eyes, you can use bigger goggly eyes, even put one big and one small etc…
I hope you enjoyed this pattern as much as I enjoyed creating it!
* goggly eyes are small parts and therefore not suited for small children, in that case you can use felt instead.